Daily Arts Writer

Arts

Daily Arts Writer

Daily Arts writers are responsible for at least two 600- to 800-word articles per month, though many choose to write more. Staffers must also attend weekly Sunday meetings.

All applicants will initially be hired as beat writers, but beat writers can apply for editorial positions once on staff. To apply, students must fill out an Arts application, which includes interview questions and two written samples — a notebook and a review related to the beat they are interested in. For more information or inquiries outside of our deadlines, email arts@michigandaily.com. Our application is due on February 4th.

This position is closed. Check back soon.

Arts

Daily Arts is the place for you to critically engage with the world. How do you feel about Barbie? Reality TV? The accessibility of on-campus arts spaces? Getting into an internet war with Lana Del Ray stans? We’re here to unpack it all. Arts is divided into six beats to choose from when applying — Music, Film, TV, Style, Books and Digital Culture. In addition to reviews and personal “notebooks,” Arts also produces The B-Side, a bi-weekly special edition with features about local and national arts issues. By joining the arts section, you’ll get all of this plus a great community of fellow writers passionate about the arts and the world.

Contact

Section email: arts@michigandaily.com

Managing Arts Editors: Zach Loveall (zloveall@umich.edu), Jack Moeser (jmoeser@umich.edu) and Cecilia Ledezma (cledezma@umich.edu)